Staff Head to Breckenridge for Alliance and Six State Summit
June 17, 2019
The Alliance Summit and Six State Summit took place June 12th through June 14th at Beaver Run, Breckenridge, CO
The Alliance Summit is an annual event where staff of Alliance member agencies (all of which serve people with disabilities) have the opportunity to meet, learn from each other, and discuss innovative plans for the future of the IDD system in Colorado and on the national front. The Summit draws more than 250 attendees each year and offers presentations by local and national experts in the IDD field.
This year’s Alliance Summit was held in Breckenridge and some of the presentations included:
- Alliance Legislative Session in Review and Future Policy Priorities
- Three D’s: Drugs, Delegation, and Deficiencies
- How to Think about Digital Solutions to Improve Agency Management
- The Heart-Led Organization: Integrating Leadership and Clinical Services
- Person Centered Inclusive Supports
- Office of Community Living Roadmap and Insights to the Waiting List
- DD Waiver Waitlist – Past, Present, and Future
- Colorado START Demonstration Project Outcomes
- HCPF’s efforts around Electronic Visit Verification (EVV)
- Colorado ABLE Accounts and their Benefits
… Just to name a few of the topics and sessions available to attendees.
The “Six State Summit”
On Friday, June 14th, the full day session was focused on the “Six State Summit”. Usually, State IDD association representatives of the Federal Region 8 (Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana) attend the annual Six State Summit. This year, only four of the states were in attendance – Wyoming and Montana agencies were absent.
The Six State Summit focuses on issues and trends that affect all providers of community services, and state-specific issues in addition to national trends. The Six State Summit sessions included: National Trends in State IDD Systems; What’s Going on in DC and Why Should I Care?”; and a “State Share Panel” to top off the day.
Foothills Gateway, Inc. staff who attended the 2019 Alliance Summit and the Six State Summit this year included all three Chief Officers, Case Management supervisors and directors, the START Program Coordinator, and Community Relations Specialist.
Next year’s Alliance Summit will take place in September, 2020 at Beaver Run in Breckenridge, CO.