Foothills Gateway obtains 44th year of accreditation through CARF International
January 09, 2020
CARF International, a nonprofit accreditor of health and human services programs, granted Foothills Gateway, Inc. three-year accreditation in late 2019, continuing the organization’s 44-year trend of voluntarily meeting and exceeding CARF standards.
CARF accreditation consists of in-depth reviews to help organizations achieve the highest quality of care for persons served. While on-site at Foothills Gateway, CARF surveyors were able to meet with individuals receiving services and organization staff. The CARF survey team also contacted family members and guardians to talk about the services Foothills Gateway provides.
The Foothills Gateway programs accredited by CARF International include Community and Organizational Employment Services, Community Integration, and Respite Services. The Organization’s leadership, service coordination, and governance were also reviewed within this process.
Of the 1,016 CARF standards that Foothills Gateway was surveyed against, the surveyors only made two recommendations for improvement.
In the final report, CARF highlighted the following:
- The Organization’s desire to benefit from the input from colleagues in the field as a way to advance its programs and services is noteworthy.
- Across all programs, it is evident that the staff members share a great loyalty to the organization, their coworkers, and the persons served. There were numerous examples of staff members working collaboratively to ensure that consistent, effective, and individualized services were provided to the persons served.
- Person-centered plans are highly personalized and convey a deep understanding and genuine care by teams who participate in this process.
- Direct Support Professionals displayed enthusiasm, professionalism, and genuine care for the persons served.
- Foothills Gateway is commended for its Supported Employment services. Jobs are varied and individualized. Persons served work substantial hours every week and many have long tenures at the same jobs. Employment staff members provide services that are responsive to persons served and fulfill employers’ and coworkers’ needs.